Saturday, August 06, 2005

What were the skies like when you were young?

So I stopped taking my medication. I can't really say I feel that much better physically, but I've definitely noticed a boost in attitude, less stretched out and clogged, less inclined to follow the script, willing to entertain new ideas. I read an article about inflammation saying that exercise and meditation do more to cure it than drugs, something I knew for months, but did nothing about, for a bunch of crappy reasons, laziness and self pity high among them, but these were definately amplified by the stuff I was taking to hose down the flames in my chest. I kept doing it because it was easier than trying something new, but in the end it wasn't an easy way out at all, in the long run it just made things worse.

Someone wiser than I once said that waking up to yourself pales in comparison to the task of staying awake. She was right, but you can't stay awake forever, you have to learn how to sleep the right way, the sleep that makes wakefulness fresher and better for it, not the half-aware stupor that is a mockery of them both.

Here goes...

No comments: